Lead Technical Architect - (CTO) (G6)
Share this role
- Cabinet Office Digital
- London, Bristol, Manchester/Hybrid Working – 60% working in an office location
- Grade 6 - £64,700 - £98,975 (Dependant on Location and DDaT Allowance)
- Closing Date for Applications:
- Sunday 10 March 2024 (23:55)
- Job Ref:
The Cabinet Office is undergoing a significant Digital Transformation. Over the next three years we aspire to make UK Government digital services the best in the world, meeting or exceeding the benchmark set globally by the best public or private sector standards. For us to meet this ambition we are aiming to further improve the conditions, processes and expertise we have in place to be set up for success. This means we need to go much further and faster and strengthen the delivery of DDaT in government. Did you know Cabinet Office Digital supports over 15,000 users across 40+ departments including Government Digital Service (GDS), Crown Commercial Services (CCS), Estates and Government Property Agency (GPA)?
This role sits within the Chief Technology Office within Cabinet Office Digital supporting the Chief Technology Officer. We are responsible for architecture and engineering across the Cabinet Office and own the newly commissioned Technical Design Authority for the department. We work in collaboration with individual business units and Arms Length Bodies to align technology and operate platforms for the benefit of the products and teams dependent upon them.
- Design technical services or plan system integration, selecting necessary platforms and technologies to meet project requirements and user needs keeping the technical strategy intact at all times
- Provide technical steering and consultancy to both internal and external teams, ensuring solutions are fit for purpose, whilst meeting time and budget restraints
- Perform architecture deep dives and gap analysis for digital programmes and recommend technical improvements
- Work with Architecture colleagues to develop and support the full range of Cabinet Office Digital services by contributing design, technologies and architecting rapid prototypes
- Enable a positive technical culture, applying agile methods to development and completing quality assurance practices
- Provide guidance to delivery teams, making sure that the technical direction of travel and delivery are in compliance with various government standards.
- Advise delivery / product managers on the estimated effort and technical implications of current user stories, as well as those in the backlog
- Experience in delivering user-focused services with technical excellence and innovative solution design
- Experience in researching technology best practices and applying standards/policies in solution designs
- Ability to rapidly prototype
- Ability to learn about adapt quickly to new technologies and trends
- Steering technology teams to adhere to good engineering principles from architecture through to development
- Experience in ensuring solutions are robust, resilient, and appropriately implemented, tested and documented
- Deep understanding of a AWS ecosystem, governance & cost optimisation and/or other public cloud platform
- Awareness of emerging security issues
- Ability to produce solution design documentation
- Understanding of how to prioritise work in a fast, customer-centric environment
- Understanding of agile environments, continual delivery techniques and devSecOps cultures ensuring Security by Design
- Understanding of how to influence senior management and communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Risk impact and gap analysis
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact: Shoaib Haroon, Principal Consultant on M: 07384258626 or E: Shoaib.email@example.com OR Russell Brandon, Associate Researcher on M: 01962 864 124 or E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Find out more by visiting www.join-codigital.co.uk where you can register and apply.
How to Apply
- Please submit your CV along with a Supporting Statement addressing the person specification criteria, evidencing how you meet the criteria.
- Detail any employment or education gaps.
- Be ready to provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees; one should be your current or most recent employer. Referees will be contacted for those proceeding to final stages. We will always gain your permission before we contact referees.
- Let us know any difficulty you may have with the indicative timetable.
- Check that your contact details are correct before you submit.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email confirmation. If you do not receive, please email email@example.com
The following consultants are managing this role and will be happy to answer any questions that are not covered in the person specification on the next webpage.
- Shoaib Haroon
- 07384 258 626
- Russell Brandon
- 01962 864124