Head of Information Security - (Cyber) (G6)
Share this role
- Cabinet Office Digital
- London, Bristol, Manchester/Hybrid Working – 60% working in an office location
- Grade 6 - £64,700 - £83,353 (Dependant on Location and DDaT Allowance)
- Closing Date for Applications:
- Sunday 3 March 2024 (23:55)
- Job Ref:
The Cabinet Office is undergoing a significant Digital Transformation. Over the next three years we aspire to make UK Government digital services the best in the world, meeting or exceeding the benchmark set globally by the best public or private sector standards. For us to meet this ambition we are aiming to further improve the conditions, processes and expertise we have in place to be set up for success. This means we need to go much further and faster and strengthen the delivery of DDaT in government. Did you know Cabinet Office Digital supports over 15,000 users across 40+ departments including Government Digital Service (GDS), Crown Commercial Services (CCS), Estates and Government Property Agency (GPA)?
The Head of Information Security is responsible for defining and operating the information security risk management strategy, framework and processes across Cabinet Office. This role requires a deep understanding of information security risk management and regulations, with a strong background in technology.
This position requires a candidate with the ability to think strategically, communicate effectively, and execute with precision. The successful candidate will have a passion for security and be able to lead a team of experts in this field.
- Develop and execute the Department's information security strategy and operating model, governing the way the Department identifies, mitigates and manages its information security risks.
- Develop and operate the Department’s information security management system
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the information security function, encompassing cyber security governance, risk management, compliance, and assurance functions.
- Communicate regularly with senior leadership and stakeholders about the organisation's security posture, threat landscape, and risk management efforts.
- Act as a subject matter expert on information security matters, both internally and externally, and keep abreast of industry developments and emerging threats
- Hire, train, and manage a team of information security professionals, ensuring that they have the necessary skills and resources to perform their jobs effectively
- Work closely with other functions and cross-Government partners to ensure that information security policies and procedures are integrated into the Department’s business processes
- Experience implementing and operating effective information security, governance, and risk management functions in large organisations.
- Experience interpreting, implementing and applying Government and industry information security frameworks such as HMG Security Policy Framework, ISO 27000 or NIST CSF.
- Strong knowledge of information security best practices, frameworks, and principles.
- The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders.
- Good communication skills and ability to present technical information effectively to non-technical audiences.
- Strong leadership and management skills, with experience in mentoring and developing information security professionals.
For a confidential discussion about the role, please contact: Shoaib Haroon, Principal Consultant on M: 07384258626 or E: Shoaib.firstname.lastname@example.org OR Russell Brandon, Associate Researcher on M: 01962 864 124 or E: email@example.com
Find out more by visiting www.join-codigital.co.uk where you can register and apply.
How to Apply
- Please submit your CV along with a Supporting Statement addressing the person specification criteria, evidencing how you meet the criteria.
- Detail any employment or education gaps.
- Be ready to provide the names, positions, organisations and contact details for two referees; one should be your current or most recent employer. Referees will be contacted for those proceeding to final stages. We will always gain your permission before we contact referees.
- Let us know any difficulty you may have with the indicative timetable.
- Check that your contact details are correct before you submit.
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an automated email confirmation. If you do not receive, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The following consultants are managing this role and will be happy to answer any questions that are not covered in the person specification on the next webpage.
- Shoaib Haroon
- 07384 258 626
- Russell Brandon
- 01962 864124